Arsenal slam Laurent Koscielny after club captain refuses to travel for US tour

first_imgArsenal slam Laurent Koscielny after club captain refuses to travel for US tour Comment James GoldmanThursday 11 Jul 2019 10:54 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.1kShares Laurent Koscielny has made 353 appearances for Arsenal and has 12 months remaining on his contract (Picture: Getty)The 33-year-old has 12 months left on his current deal but was said to be considering his future after Arsenal missed out on Champions League qualification after blowing their top four chances and losing the Europa League final against Chelsea.His agent, Stephane Courbis, said in May: ‘We will take some thinking time, we will meet with the club at the end of the season. He will will also make up his own mind.’Koscielny has often stated his desire to finish his playing career with his boyhood club Lorient, while he has recently been linked with the likes of AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund and Bordeaux.Arsenal, meanwhile, are said to be close to be completing the signing of William Saliba for €30m but will immediately loan the teenage centre-half back to Saint-Etienne.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Arsenal club captain Laurent Koscielny has refused to take part in the club’s US tour (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have released a statement slamming Laurent Koscielny after the club captain expressed his desire not to be involved in the club’s upcoming US Tour.The statement read: ‘We are very disappointed by Laurent’s actions, which are against our clear instructions.‘Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour.‘We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time.’ADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityArsenal are due to fly to America within the next 24 hours ahead of matches against Colorado Rapids, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, but Unai Emery’s plans have now been thrown into chaos.AdvertisementAdvertisementAn already difficult summer, which has seen Arsenal’s efforts to sign new players undermined by their measly £45m budget, has now taken a fresh turn for the worse.Koscielny joined Arsenal in the summer of 2010, has made 353 appearances for the club and overcame a career threatening Achilles injury suffered in May 2018 to play a prominent role during the second half of last season. Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Samuel Umtiti discusses Arsenal rumours and bursts out laughing at Alexandre Lacazette’s transfer plea

first_img Comment The centre-back found his old Lyon teammate’s plea for a reunion very amusing (Picture: Canal+)Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti has laughed off reports that Arsenal tried to sign him over the summer despite Alexandre Lacazette making a plea for the centre-back to join.Gunners boss Unai Emery was eager to strengthen his defence during the transfer window and eventually brought in David Luiz from Chelsea in an £8million deal on deadline day.Arsenal had been linked with a move for Umtiti – among a number of other top centre-backs – but the France international says, to his knowledge, there was never anything of substance to the rumours. Umtiti lost his starting place last season and was linked with a transfer away (Picture: Getty)In a sit-down interview with Canal Football Club on Sunday, Umtiti was shown a clip of old Lyon teammate Lacazette trying to set up a reunion at Arsenal, but only burst out laughing.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Honestly, I don’t know where this rumour with Arsenal came from,’ he said in response to the video.‘Overnight, I received messages from my friends saying, “Ah, so you are joining Arsenal?” I’m not, I’m sorry but I’m staying at Barcelona.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityProbed further on whether there had been contact with Arsenal, Umtiti continued: ‘To be honest, I don’t know if they had conversations with my agent, I just told him that I didn’t care what was happening this summer and that it wasn’t even necessary to talk to me about it.‘It was useless, I was going to have the same answer. My dream as a child is to play for Barcelona. Last season was the most difficult of my career, especially in terms of injuries.’#CFC Alors @samumtiti ? @LacazetteAlex is waiting ⌚️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🤣 pic.twitter.com/oZ0Whs30Pg— Canal Football Club (@CanalFootClub) September 8, 2019Umtiti struggled with a knee problem last season and lost his place in the Barcelona side to compatriot Clement Lenglet, while he was forced to pull out of the France squad that takes on Andorra on Tuesday due to a foot injury.It was briefly suggested that he might be included in a swap deal with PSG for Neymar, to which he responded: ‘It’s crazy. It made me laugh, I don’t even have an answer to where it comes from.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Metro Sport ReporterMonday 9 Sep 2019 3:59 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.8kShares Advertisement Advertisement Samuel Umtiti discusses Arsenal rumours and bursts out laughing at Alexandre Lacazette’s transfer plealast_img read more

Karl Lagerfeld wants to marry his cat

first_imgNZ Herald 5 June 2013He showers her with attention and pays for two personal maids to provide 24-hour care for her at his mansion in Paris. He admits he dotes on her so much that she is like a “kept woman”. Now Karl Lagerfeld has claimed that he would marry his pet cat if he could. The 77-year-old fashion guru said that he never thought it was possible to love 22-month-old Choupette as much as he does.In a TV interview Lagerfeld said that, much to his disappointment, there is “no marriage, yet, for human beings and animals”. “I never thought that I would fall in love like this with a cat.”http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10888553last_img read more

Cheeky note by Ramdin earns him ICC fine

first_img Sharing is caring! Tweet Share Share NewsSports Cheeky note by Ramdin earns him ICC fine by: – June 11, 2012center_img 45 Views   no discussions West Indies’ player Denesh Ramdin found guilty of breaching ICC Code of Conduct and fined.BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Monday June 11, 2012 – A day after being on top of the world after making his second century and marking the highest tailend stand with Barbadian Tino Best, Trinidadian cricketer Denesh Ramdin has been brought crashing down to earth. The West Indies’ cricketer has been fined 20 per cent of his match fee after being found guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during the third Test between England and the West Indies, which ended in a draw on Monday at Edgbaston, Birmingham.Ramdin was charged this morning (June 11) with a Level 1 offence, contrary to clause 2.1.8 (a), which relates to “conduct contrary to the spirit of the game”.Ramdin pleaded guilty to the offence and accepted the proposed sanction so there was no need for a formal hearing.This fine follows Ramdin’s decision to address past criticisms against him by veteran cricketing great Sir Vivian Richards with a note that read: “Yea Viv talk nah”, which he pulled from his pocket and held high on the field for all to see during yesterday’s match.The incident took place during the West Indies innings in the 121st over while Ramdin was celebrating his second Test century.Roshan Mahanama of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees, explaining his decision, said: “It is important that we do not allow a precedent to be set with such a premeditated celebration by Mr Ramdin. We all understand the importance of celebrating a milestone, however, one should not use that time as an opportunity to hit out at one’s critic or send messages to the world.“I hope Mr Ramdin has learnt his lesson from this incident and that we will not see such behaviour by him or any player in the future when celebrating an achievement within a game of international cricket.”The charge was laid by on-field umpires Tony Hill and Kumar Dharmasena and third umpire Aleem Dar, all from the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires, as well as fourth official David Millns.All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.Caribbean 360 News Sharelast_img read more

St. Mary’s Middle School competes in robotics competition

first_imgGREENSBURG, Ind. — St. Mary’s Middle School Wired Knights competed in their first ever, First Tech Challenge robotics competition in Indianapolis on Saturday, and finished in the 2nd place alliance.The team consisted of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students, and they competed alongside many high school teams.The team was a finalist for the Rockwell Collins Innovate Award which celebrates a team that has the ingenuity and inventiveness to make their designs come to life.last_img

Speedway Motors signs new five-year pact backing IMCA Weekly Racing, Super Nationals

first_imgLINCOLN, Neb. – Speedway Motors, America’s Oldest Speed Shop, will continue its association with IMCA, America’s oldest sanctioning body, for another five years.The Lincoln, Neb., high performance parts manufacturer, retailer and distribu­tor has played an invaluable and incomparable sponsorship role with IMCA since the 1950’s. The latest marketing agreement runs through the 2022 race season.“We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with IMCA,” Speedway Motors President Clay Smith said. “Speedway Motors and IMCA have a long history together supporting racers, teams and tracks.  This partnership highlights our commitment to making racing safe, fun and affordable for all racers.”Notably, Speedway Motors will continue its title sponsorship role of IMCA Weekly Racing for an 11th consecutive season and returns as title sponsor of Super Nationals for the 23rd straight year.Speedway Motors renews a program benefitting more than 200 tracks in the United States and Canada by providing jackets, promoter and tech official shirts and discounts on tech inspection equipment, flags and signage to help those facilities defray costs of their weekly programs, plus decals, driver’s suit patches and feature winner hats.The 36th annual Super Nationals will be held Sept. 3-8 at Boone, Iowa, Speedway with hundreds of cars and tens of thousands of fans in attendance for the biggest event in all of dirt track racing.For the third straight season, drivers winning national championships in all eight sanctioned divisions receive helmets courtesy of Speedway Motors.First-year competitors filling out and returning rookie application forms to the IMCA home office get $100 discount certificates, along with a T-shirt and decal from Speedway Motors following first rookie year fea­ture wins.The Speedway Motors program also includes post-season awards in five divisions: Top eligible finishers in Modified, Stock Car and Hobby Stock regional standings, and in Northern SportMod and Southern SportMod national standings, all re­ceive a pair of TruCoil springs.Drivers in all five of those divisions must fill out and return the sign-up form they receive in decal packets to become eligible for those contingencies. “This new agreement will take the working relationship between IMCA and Speedway Motors into its fifth decade, but the real value of our relationship is impossible to quantify,” IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder said. “The friendships we’ve made and the support they’ve provided IMCA as an organization and IMCA members is unparalleled in the industry. We’re proud to carry on the legacy established by the previous generations of these two great institutions.”Speedway Motors will hold its annual Racer Appreciation Week Feb. 5-11, with an online promotion, including social media spotlights, discounts and giveaways as well as virtual tours including the Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed.The Speedway Motors website is www.speedwaymotors.com. More information is also available by calling 800 979-0122 and on Face­book.last_img read more

Unidentified man pulled from canal in Pompano Beach

first_imgThe Broward County Sheriffs Office is currently investigating the death of a man who was pulled from a canal early Monday morning.The incident was reported around 9:30 am  in the 500 block of Southwest Second Street.According to the report, witnesses noticed the unidentified victim enter the canal but contacted the police after the victim did not resurface.The BSO dive team was able to recover the victim’s body.Authorities are now investigating what caused the victim to enter the canal.last_img read more

Other Sports Sports Ministry De-Recognises Paralympic Committee Of India

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has de-recognised the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for violating the National Sports Development Code of India (NSDCI) 2011. The government has suspended PCI in accordance with provisions under clause I (ix) and (x) of Annexure-III of National Sports Development Code of India 2011.In the letter addressed to J Chandrashekhar, the Secretary-General of Paralympic Committee of India, it has been mentioned that a complaint was received against the PCI from Rao Inderjit Singh regarding his removal from the post of President of PCI.PCI’s interim president Gursharan Singh and secretary general J Chandrasekhar told The Tribune said that the association is yet to get any intimation to this effect.An explanation was sought from the body through the Ministry’s notices dated from July 11, 2019, to August 29. However, the explanation was not found satisfactory and hence the action was been taken.PCI had conducted an Annual General Meeting (AGM) on May 4 this year in which a resolution was adopted that barred public servants from getting elected to its executive. Then, Rao Inderjit Singh was removed as the President by a majority vote.It was then that the government found PCI failing the good governance practices and also held them accountable for violating the National Sports Code of India and its own constitution in removing the elected President.The de-recognition order comes a month before PCI’s election, scheduled to be held on October 10 in Bengaluru. last_img read more

Haitian earthquake survivors off to college

first_imgTwo Haitian teen siblings, who survived the earthquake in Haiti in 2010, are now making history as the first in their family to head to college.The teens, Eudens and Tajmara Antoine, are off to New York University after recently graduating from Msgr. Edward Pace High School in Miami Gardens, according to Florida Catholic newspaper.Both Eudens and Tajmara were assisted in their education by local Catholic parishes and schools. After the earthquake, they relocated to Miami, where they stayed with family until a recommendation from a Haitian priest, then serving at the cathedral, helped them get admission to the St. Mary Cathedral School. There they received assistance with tuition and were provided uniforms and textbooks among other help.The Antoines, according to the paper, say they are grateful to St. Mary Cathedral School and Church, Curley-Notre Dame and Pace High. Because of the help they received, both say they are now committed to giving back someday, especially to Haiti and their parents.last_img read more

Nail & Hair Salons, Barber Shops in Florida to Reopen Monday

first_imgThe protocols include the wearing of masks by all employees, a ban on group appointments and the removal of unnecessary items that are frequently touched, like magazines and newspapers. View the complete list of guidelines here. Hair salons, nail salons and barbershops, which were originally not allowed to reopen under the governor’s phase one plan of reopening the state, will now be able to start accepting customers once again on Monday. Governor Ron DeSantis announced on Friday that the aforementioned facilities will be allowed to reopen on Monday “with enhanced safety protocols for all counties currently in Phase One”. Protocols for barbershops, nail and hair salons:Download With the entire state now confirming over 38,000 COVID-19 cases, Broward County has surpassed Palm Beach County in the number of cases. The three leading states are (as of May 9) : Miami-Dade – 11,570, Broward County – 4,794 and Palm Beach County – 2,763. The Palm Beach County Commission requested inclusion earlier this week, in a letter to DeSantis. The commission has also agreed to reopen county beaches May 18. “We think that they’re ready for it,” DeSantis said, during a visit to a testing site at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches in West Palm Beach. “I think the people here are very smart. We all understand the responsibility we have to protect the vulnerable populations here.” According to DeSantis, the county’s rate of positive test results has fallen from about 18% two weeks ago, to 9.3% on Friday. DeSantis also announced that as of Monday, Palm Beach County, which was previously excluded, will be included in the Phase One reopening. Miami-Dade and Broward Counties are still excluded. Palm Beach County will join 64 other Florida counties, with restaurants and many retailers allowed to open up to 25% capacity and restrictions on elective surgery and routine dental care lifted.last_img read more