In the year 117 today is a special day. If on April 26, 1903 Atlético was founded on Calle de La Cruz number 21, central Madrid, just a short walk from Sol, Today is another special anniversary, May 2, the day in which in El Retiro Park, Atlético played their first game. The club itself recalled it in its networks and on its website under a section entitled “An image for history” that collected in black and white that moment, the beginning of everything. “On May 2, 1903 we played the first game in our history. It was disputed by 24 athletic partners, divided into two teams of twelve. The Campo del Retiro hosted the meeting, “said his text. Many memories. Today on this 117th anniversary, with the El Retiro park closed, like football, because of the same thing, This pandemic caused by the coronavirus that the world lives, you look at that photo and that party more nostalgically, of which much is known but no fundamental data is known.. The club related it in a review on its page. “On May 2, 1903, the first game in our history took place. 24 members of Athletic Club de Madrid met at Campo del Retiro in a meeting in which each team had 12 players and which served both as a test for access to the first team of players and as a fraternization among club members “, specify. “BWith the mandate of Enrique Allende, the first president in our history, practically all of the members participated in a party whose final result is unknown.“, keep going. From Gloria Fuertes to O’DonnellSoon the draft of that first grew uncontrollable, until the poet Gloria Fuerte, born in Madrid in 1917, declared herself in her colors, when her name was not even Atlético de Madrid but still Athletic. Fifteen years were lacking for her to be born in Lavapiés when those 24 partners began to roll the ball, as a backdrop. “The match was held in the Campo del Retiro and faced two teams of twelve players, all partners. Twelve of them wore our first kit, blue and white with black pants, and the person in charge of the arbitration was Enrique Goiri, treasurer. The Campo del Retiro was our first playing field from 1903 to 1913, the year in which we moved to the Campo de O’Donnell, “recalled the club on its page. In the absence of live football, memories like that revive him.“El Campo del Retiro, also known as Campo de la Rana because of the adjoining picnic area that offered food and drink at popular prices, was considered one of the best in the city. The field was earthen and was next to the fence of the Retiro park in the so-called Ronda de Vallecas, today Avenida Menéndez Pelayo. Their care was the responsibility of the partners, who smoothed and cleaned the playing field, painted the lines of the field and even fixed the goals for the dispute of the matches. In the absence of fencing and to protect the playing field, a ditch was dug around it to prevent the passage of cars and dump trucks that dumped waste and demolition materials“It ended. Details of that day, the beginning of one of the greatest stories ever told. And lived.